Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 8: A moment when you felt most satisifed with your life

At this point in my life, being a single woman, I would have to say that my moment would be when I graduated from college.  It took me 5 1/2 years to finish, but I did finish.  And that's the important thing.  Graduating college is quite an accomplishment, and I was very proud and satisfied.  Having a college degree leads to many other opportunities and opens a lot more doors than just a high school diploma.  I would encourage anyone who hasn't started college yet, or started and just hasn't finished yet, to work hard and earn a degree.  It's a wonderful, empowering feeling.

I heard another name that I like today.  Ronan.  I heard it on the tv.  I really like it.  I like it matched with Mase as a middle name.  Ronan Mase.  The more I say it, the more I like it.  Ronan Mase.  Ronan Mase :)....

So I was thinking earlier today, that I have a lot of celebrity crushes.  I'm sure I'm not thinking of everyone, but here's a list of the Hollywood men that have caught my eye:
*Joe Perry
*John Cena
*Tom Brady
*Wes Welker
*Jake Gyllanhal (sp?)
*Channing Tatum
*the hot guy from "Mad Men" -- the dark-haired guy
*Sam from "Glee"
*Damen and Stefan from "Vampire Diaries"
*Jon Krasinski
*Shia Lebuf (sp?)
*Jason Aldean
I will keep a running list as I think of more delicious men :)

There's a song that has been on my heart for several days now.  It's called "Love Is Not A Fight" by Warren Barfield.  It's such a beautiful song, a great picture of what love and marriage should be, and were created to be.  Here are the lyrics.
Love is not a place
To come and go as we please
It's a house we enter in
Then committ to never leave

So lock the door behind you
Throw away the key
We'll work it out together
Let it bring us to our knees

Chorus:
Love is a shelter in a raging storm
Love is peace in the middle of a war
And if we try to leave, may God send angels to guard the door
No love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for

To some, love is a word
That they can fall into
But when they're falling out
Keeping that word is hard to do

Chorus

Bridge
Love will come to save us
If we'll only call
He will ask nothing from us
But demand we give our all

Chorus

I will fight for you
Would you fight for me?
It's worth fighting for

1 comment: