Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 16: Your views on mainstream music

I listen to mainstream music.  Some of my favorite songs are secular ones.  People aren't defined by what music they listen to.  If it's not hurting you or others, listen to it.  I have my days when all I want to listen to is some good, old Christian praise and worship music.  It puts things back in perspective and keeps me in check.  But I don't think there is anything wrong or sinful about listening to mainstream music.

Speaking of music, I've been thinking a lot about cool music collaborations I'd hope happen someday.  I think Justin Timberlake and One Republic should do a song, as well as Justin Timberlake and Bruno Mars...your thoughts????...

Some other random things I'm thinking about tonight...I really want to meet Ryan Seacrest.  I thought of another name I like for a girl.  Palmer.  Maybe Palmer Grace.  Or Palmer Leigh.  Just a thought.

Just wanted to take a brief moment to encourage the men out there.  Something I've been struggling with lately is my frustration with men and the games that some of them play.  I know some girls do this as well, but right now I'm talking to the men.  Girls don't like games.  Girls like communication.  Girls like honesty.  Girls like maturity.  I feel like I should be saying "women" instead of "girls."  Women want you to flat out tell them if you like them more than a friend.  Women aren't mind readers.  Women don't know what men are thinking or feeling.  Women need to hear those words..."I like you and I wanna take you out."  That's hot, women will respond to that.  I don't care how obvious you think you are being to a woman you like.  Just, for your sake and womens' sake, use your words and TELL HER.  Chances are you will get a positive response from her.  If you don't tell her, you only have yourself to blame when she finds someone else.  Men, if you tell a woman you like her more than a friend and she doesn't feel the same way, it's ok.  She will have so much respect for you because you simply let her know how you feel.  And if it goes sour, at least now you know and you're not wasting your time and emotions on someone who doesn't feel the same way you do.  It allows you to let go and continue searching for your "the one."

I've touched on this before, but I'm feeling a strong urge to bring it up again.  The worst feeling in the world is feeling as if you are being avoided or ignored.  It makes me want to buy a bebe gun and go shoot baby chipmunks.  Seriously.  I can't handle it.  TALK TO ME!!!  Ignoring it won't make it go away, it will only make it worse.  So, when you say you're going to come visit for the weekend, and then don't answer or return phone calls from the people who YOU asked to stay with confirming that you're still coming, it's not looking good.  You're making people not want to be around you.  Trust me.  You're flaky, inconsiderate and rude.  Don't call me, don't message me, don't anything me.  I'm done.  I'm done wasting my time on you.  You're exhausting.

Staci and I go waaaaay back.  I've known her since 2003.  We both went to IWU, she was a year younger than me.  She was on my floor in Carmin Hall.  Honestly, I forget how we met.  Staci, do you remember???  We were both Carmin lifers if I remember correctly.  I remember having some really good laughs with her, watching NFL games together but that was later on in our friendship.  She's a Colts fan, and I'm a Patriots fan.  I mean, it's pretty much like Romeo and Juliet.  Only not cuz we are both chicks.  Anyways ;)...we hit it off and have been friends ever since.  She could quite possibly be one of the most loyal friends I have.  She's one of those friends who would go murder someone with me.  I'm serious!  She ALWAYS has my back.  She looks out for me, checks on me.  She reaches out -- our friendship is a 2-way friendship.  I don't have to work very hard with her friendship, it just is.  I can count on her.  She gets fired up about stuff with me, she cries with me, she is a smartass with me.  I just love her.  I miss going to IWU baseball games with her, because I had so much fun and she was the only one who would go with me.  I love you for that, Staci.  I have such fond memories with you, and I'm looking forward to many more!  Staci is funny, outgoing, loving, competitive, fun, loyal, sometimes intense (in a very good way), caring and supportive.  Staci, I love you darling and I can't wait til I see you next :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey lovely lady:) I love your blog. Thanks for the kind words. I love you & cherish our friendship. You're one of my best friends & I appreciate you always being there for me also. I'm glad our friendship comes pretty naturally:) I miss our baseball days & visiting the baseball boys. Those were good times. I'm also glad we can respect each other's views on football, since we are both super passionate about it & put all our emotions into the season - good or bad - every year. I don't remember specifically how we met. I would guess something like we just started talking at 3S stuff & I asked you questions about social work when I was looking into it, but I'm not really sure. Can't wait to visit with you soon beautiful friend of mine:) Love you.

    ReplyDelete