Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 6: Write 30 interesting things about yourself

I find that, sometimes, when I try to do something nice for someone else, I don't always get the reaction that I would expect.  Or like, for that matter.  I don't do nice things for others so that it makes me feel good.  I do nice things for others because it's the right thing to do and because I just plain want to.  So when I get a reaction that isn't reflective of what I've done for them, I get frustrated.  Does that make me a bad person?

It's draining to have people in your life who don't appreciate you.  It's difficult to be friends with people who are flaky, who you can't count on.  You'd be silly to count on them, because they only know how to disappoint you and let you down.  It is quite possibly my biggest pet peeve.  I mean, it's potentially a deal breaker with me.  I think this quote sums it up better than I ever could:  "Never make someone a priority who only makes you an option."  I try to live my life with people around me who want to be around me, and who put forth the effort to be there with and for me.  No one wants to be in a one-sided friendship.

Ok, onto 30 interesting things about me:
1) The first song I ever slow danced to was with this guy named Alex and it was to "God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You" by N'SYNC.
2) I took sociology 3 times in college (I thought it was a blow-off class :/...)
3) When I was in the 5th grade, I stole jolly rancher candies from my teacher every day.  I don't think she ever found out.
4) I have never been in detention, and never been sent to the principle's office.
5) When I was in the 2nd grade, I threw up all over myself on the playground and all the kids saw me.
6) I was fired from my job at Hallmark when I was a junior in high school.
7) Alaska and Oregon are the only 2 states I've never been to.
8) I used to dress up with my 2 younger sisters as a birds.  We would wear these flowy jean skirts around our necks and then flap our arms to make it look like wings.  I was the mommy bird, and Meredith and Mckenzie were the baby chicks.  Ohh, and we did this while synchronizing to classical music.  While my mom and dad watched.  Yeah...
9) I moved to Nashville on a whim.  With no job, no apartment, no friends.
10) I've only kissed 2 guys.
11) I used to have a severe phobia of the dentist.  I had a root canal last summer.  That phobia is now gone.
12) Roller coasters scare the crap out of me.
13) Ireland, Israel and Australia are all places I HAVE to go before I die.
14) I am a Disney movie freak.  I win Disney Scene It every time.
15) Dogs are my favorite animal.
16) When I was little, I watched the movie "Spalsh" with Tom Hanks and Daryl Hannah.  I then went to take a bath and poured salt in the bathtub, hoping I would turn into a mermaid.
17) My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.
18) I LOVE giving people presents.
19) My long term professional goal is to have my own private practice, where I provide therapy for either young women who have an eating disorder, or young children who have been sexually abused.
20) There is no other girl on the planet who is more of a sports nut than me...and perhaps Lucretia ;)
21) I'm not on the gossip/drama/caddy train like other girls.  I try to stay as far away from that as I can.
22) I dabble in all kinds of music, except reggae, techno and opera.
23) I'm next in line after Gisele for Tom Brady's affection.
24) I collect magnets of all the states I've lived in.
25) Secretly, I would be ok moving back to New England one day.
26) I love board games, but hate card games.
27) Some day, I want to go park at a spot near an airport and watch planes take off.  I've never done that.
28) I have a crush on John Cena.
29) My parents are my best friends.
30) The first time I ever had Easy Mac or Romen Noodles was in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment