Friday, February 25, 2011

"Modern Family" and Girl Scouts

This week sure has been a roller coaster ride for me.  Lots of changes at work.  I usually always need a day or two to process change before I am able to accept it and move forward.  I need time to be angry, sad, cranky, etc.  But as soon as I have my time to digest and think about what is happening (and put it in perspective), I am A-okay!  The changes are good, and neccessary.  The agency is growing by leaps and bounds.  And I'd rather welcome this kind of change, instead of the change that requires people losing their jobs altogether.  So I'm a happy girl, staying positive!  I'm really looking forward to the changes, and making them my own.  Shout out to Andrew Hall, Aubree, Bobby, Cassie Morgan, Charity, Devin, Jenn, Jason, Joe, Lance H., Leslee, Marcie, my sisters Mckenzie and Meredith, Sarah, Staci, Steph P., and Trisha for your prayers this week...I have truly felt them and am so thankful to you all :)  Thanks also to Jessica and Lucretia for checking on me :)

I got my Girl Scout cookies this morning.  I got 3 boxes...Tagalongs, Do-Si-Dos and Thin Mints.  I've already decided that I'm going to be putting a sticky note on all 3 boxes that says, "Meghan, you are only allowed to eat 2 per day."  I hope this helps my self-discipline.

Miss Cassie Morris arrives to Nashville tonight to visit me for the weekend.  I'm super stoked!  I haven't seen her in over 2 months!  Massages + pedicures + getting our hair done = spa day :)  It's going to be so great to catch up with her!!!!

I just have to take a moment to acknowledge one of the funniest shows on tv.  "Modern Family."  It just lights up my life.  If you've never taken the time to watch it, please do so.  It's not one of those shows that has a plot where you can't just jump in and start watching.  You can pick it up whenever.  And reader, you're "whenever" is NOW!!!!  Well, I guess next Wednesday.  It airs on NBC @ 8pm CST.  I watch it alone every week because neither one of my roommates watches it.  This past week was so funny, I was lol-ing.  I NEVER lol when I'm by myself.  That would be weird, and pathetic, and...weird.  Anyways, I found myself lol-ing at least 5 different times within the 30 min that the show lasts.  In fact, I saved it on my DVR and watched it twice the next day, and then a third when I invited Cassie Morgan over to watch it because it was just that funny.  I'm telling you readers...it's life-changing.  More funny than "The Office."  That's right.  I said it. 

I'm wanting to start leaving recipes on here that I like.  And I'm going to start with an omelet.  I never knew how to make one until my mom came to visit me a week ago and showed me how (after she rolled her eyes in disbelief). 

Donni'e Homemade Omelet
1 TSP of butter
4 eggs
1/3 cup of milk
1/3 shredded chedder cheese
1/2 an orange peper
1/4 onion
1 handful of fresh cilantro

Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.  Chop up pepper and onion into small pieces (not diced).  Add to skillet and cook until soft and slightly golden brown, stirring just once every 1-2 minutes.  While veggies are cooking (and carmelizing, as Mom would say), beat eggs and then beat in milk.  Once veggies are cooked, pour egg/milk mixture over veggies in skillet.  Using a spatula to hold back eggs, begin to tilt skillet to allow  soupy egg to cover entire skillet.  Do this until the egg doesn't run anymore.  It should still be slightly soupy in the middle.  Add cheese and cilantro to one half of the omelet.  When egg is cooked, flip half of the omelet over the other half.  Continue to cook if desired.  Place on plate and enjoy!  (This recipe is meant to feed 2 people.  If only cooking for one, you only need 2 eggs).  Thanks again, Mom!!!!

1 comment:

  1. this weeks modern family was definitely one of their best! Sooooo funny!

    ReplyDelete