Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 20: How important you think education is

Education is very important to me.  It's something I value.  Both my parents have Bachelor's degrees, and my dad has his Masters.  All 3 of my siblings and myself graduated from college.  I don't remember my parents ever saying that we had to go to college.  College just seemed to be that unspoken thing you did after we graduated high school.  I plan to get my Masters one of these years...

I spent elementary (K-5) school in Union School in Connecticut.  Junior high (6-8 Gregory & Crone Middle Schools) and senior high (9-12 Neuqua Valley High School) were spent in Illinois.  I spend K-12 in public school.  I LOVED it!  After I graduated from high school, I decided that I wanted to continue my education privately, so I chose to attend Indiana Wesleyan University in Marion, IN.  College was some of the best years of my life.

I'd like to send my children (someday, when I have them) to public school K-12.  After they graduate high school, they are free to study wherever they please.  I will push for my kids to attend college and earn a degree.  I think it teaches discipline and it aids in finding a good job.  All that to say, I hold education very high :)

I've known Trisha since 2003.  She was my roommate the second semester at IWU.  My previous roommate had moved out (I will highlight her at another time :).  I knew leaving for Christmas break, that I would have a new roommate.  I had no idea what her name was, what she was going to be like, if we would even get along.  I sure had nothing to worry about!  Trisha was AWESOME!  She was funny, had a bubbly personality that was contagious!  I have a fond memory of her...she had just gone and got her nose pierced.  I thought it was sooo cool, but I didn't think that I could ever do that (I want to now, though :).  Anyways, Trisha was a snorer to begin with (sorry, lady!), but whoa!...it got really bad after she got a nose ring.  I don't even know why that even had anything to do with her snoring, but anyways...I remember having to shift in my bed at night so that my bed would squeak, which would wake her up just enough to give me some relief and fall back asleep!  I also distinctly remember Trisha telling me that she would intentionally start sleeping on her back so that she wouldn't snore.  Lol, I love her!  I hope she doesn't hate me for making her snoring public :/.  I also remember laying in bed with her, while she rubbed my back and we talked about our day and about boys.  She was always there for me.  It's the simple things in life, you know?  Being able to count on a friend like Trisha.  No matter what.  Trisha is loving, caring, interested in my life, a stellar cook, calming yet passionate, fun, considerate, has a great laugh and an inspiration.  I love her more than she could fathom, and I miss living close to her.  I love you, Trisha.  I love you, I love you, I LOVE you!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment