Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 22 & 23: How have you changed in the past 2 years?/Give pictures of 5 guys who are famous who you find attractive

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TAVIA BLOOM AND DANNY MITCHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't post yesterday because I needed some more time to think about what to say for Day 22's question.  I really don't like to analyze myself,  it's hard because you can only see so much.  It's difficult to really dig without the input of others.  I attempted to get some insight from Cassie yesterday, but she was useless.  So here I go, all alone.  Just me.  This is what I came up with. 

In the grand scheme of things, 2 years isn't a lot of time.  But I do think it's enough time to really learn and experience things.  I dated this guy (let's call him Shmustin) back in the summer of 2009.  I met him on an online dating website (plentyoffish.com) courtesy of a friend of mine.  It's free by the way ;)  We chatted through the computer for a while, and then exchanged phone numbers.  One day he asked me to go out on a date with him.  I was super nervous (because he was such a hottie), but excited!  We met at a nearby bowling alley, low-key and casual.  After bowling a few games, we chatted out by our cars for almost an hour and a haf.  Then (since we both verbalized how we didn't want to go home just yet), he followed me to Steak 'n Shake for a bite.  We talked about lots of things; family, work, extracuricular activities.  We walked outside and chatted by our cars again for another 30 minutes or so.  The conversation was just so good!  All that to say, we dated for probably 4 months and then things just fizzled out.  He wanted things that I didn't want, and vice versa.  I remember not being sad though.  I remember being so proud of myself for "getting out there" and trying something not familiar to me.  Going outside of my comfort zone.  Since dating him, I've become a little bit more confidant with the idea of dating and being in a relationship.  And for anyone who has known me for a while, knows that that is a big step.  I'm not where I want to be, but baby steps right?!

I've also been at my place of employment for almost 2.5 years (it will be 3 in Sept. 2011).  I work with children who have a mental illness.  It's a very liberal field to work in.  I came into this job with a "black and white" mindset, thinking there are concrete "yes" and "no" answers to every possibly situation.  I came in with very little mental health experience.  I came in being somewhat intimidated by the job description given to me.  Over the last 2.5 years, I have learned to truly meet someone where they are.  I have learned to think outside the box when it comes to how I interact with my clients, how I approach a situation, and how I work with my teammates.  I have learned how to be even more organized, and the not procrastinate.  I have learned to adapt to change, and be flexible.  And I couldn't thank my supervisors and teammates enough for that :)

Now onto the more funner part ;)  5 famous men that I think are cute!  Again, what's with the limitations?!?!  Why can I only chose 5?  If I couldn't do that for TV shows, what makes you think I can do that for hot men?  Get real.  So here are the Hollywood men I am attracted to.  And I'm sorry if I leave anyone out :(...

Hugh Jackman, Adam Levine (front man for Maroon 5), John Cena (pro wrestler/actor), Tom Brady, Jake Gyllenhal, Channing Tatum, Jon Krasinski (Jim from "The Office"), Wes Welker (WR for the Patriots), Shia Lebouf, Jason Aldean, Joe Perry, Brad Womak, George Clooney, Sean Patrick Flannery ("Boondock Saints"), pretty much the entire male cast of "The Vampire Diaries", Ryan Seacrest (judge me all you want, you don't know!), the guy who plays Sam on "Glee", Ty Burrell (Phil Dunphy from "Modern Family").  Now, like I said, I know I'm forgetting some.  As I think of them, I will add them to my blog.

I hope you all have a marvelous weekend :)

1 comment: