Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 28: Something you miss

I miss my childhood sometimes.  I miss the simplicity of being young.  No responsibilities other than eating, sleeping, obeying Mom and Dad.  It's funny how when you're young, you want to be older.  And vice versa.  I miss high school, too.  I went to school to spend 8 hours with my friends.  Then I came home, ate a snack did some homework and then went to bed.  What a life :)  I also miss family dinners.  My roommates and I have such off schedules that we never really sit down at the table and eat together.  I think I took family dinners for granted when I was younger. 

Do you think there is love out there like Ross and Rachel's love?  From "Friends."  I'm watching an episode right now.  It's the one where Ross goes to China and while he's gone, Rachel realizes that she wants to be with him.  But then he comes back with a girlfriend, Julie.  I love they way Ross loves Rachel, and loved her for all those years.  From afar.  I love the way Ross looks at Rachel, how he kisses her.  It's just so precious!  It gives me hope that there is still love like that out there :)

And now I'm watching the news, and Metro Nashville schools are closed again tomorrow.  Ugh, I'm so sick of snow!  I usually love it!  But when it interferes with doing my job, it gets old fast.  Hopefully this is the last run-in we will have with snow this winter...

Well I'm off to make dinner for Cassie and I.  Salmon, asparagus and brown rice.  Yummm :)  Then it's time for "The Vampire Diaries", "The Office", "American Idol" and "Grey's Anatomy." 

No comments:

Post a Comment