Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 25: Someone who fascinates you and why

Instead of talking about a specific person, I'm going to broaden this blog to "things" that fascinate me.  It's easier, and I can write more.

It's fascinating to me that some people chose to do the wrong thing over and over again, somehow justifying it in their minds and/or expecting different results.  It's fascinating to me that some people chose to not live their life to the fullest -- you only get one go around, people.  It's fascinating to me that some people don't tell those in their life that they love and appreciate them, because your world (or theirs) can end in the blink of an eye.  It's fascinating to me that some people don't use their blinkers while driving -- takes but only a flick of a finger.  It fascinates me to no end that some people argue over the silliest things, causing relationships to break apart.  It fascinates me that some people who have found love, let it slip away through their fingers -- fight for it.  It's fascinating that I was created in the image of God.

Church was so good this morning.  Pastor Danny is doing a series called "The Forces that Form your Future."  He's covered thoughts, character and habits.  SUCH good stuff!  Please check it out at Oasis.com.

Sarah (or, Suga as I like to call her) is amazing.  I met her at Spring Hill Camps in 2004.  I don't recall how we met...perhaps we went through training together.  I have a picture with her that summer at Erebor.  I was drawn to her because she could be loud and silly like me, but she could also be serious and a good listener.  Those days were so long ago.  I also remember taking a road trip to visit her in KY at Morehead State.  She has 2 beautiful daughters, and is married to her "Spring Hill sweetheart" :)  I've only had the pleasure of meeting her oldest daughter, Aubrey Elizabeth.  No matter what she says, I have chosen to believe that she gave Aubrey her middle name because it's my middle name.  I've never had that confirmed, but it's in my head and it's there to stay ;)  Sarah is a stellar mom.  Even though I've not had the chance to interact with her a lot while she's been in her mom role, I know her well enough to just know.  Sarah is another one of those friends who I feel close to even though we don't talk on the phone a whole lot.  I believe Sarah and I will be close friends for the rest of our lives.  I'm hoping to be able to go up and visit Sarah and her family in March.  Sarah, if you read this, I miss you like crazy and I wish we lived closer together.  I consider you to be one of my dearest friends and I love you.  You are an attentive mother, a great listener, funny, caring, inquisitive, loving.  I'm trying hard not to cry as I write this, Sarah I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!  I hope to see you soon :)


Super Bowl 45:
Packers 31
Steelers 25

No comments:

Post a Comment