Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 26: What kind of person attracts you

Someone who puts others first.  Someone who pursues me.  Someone who communicates well.  Someone who likes to spend time with me, despite all my quirks.  Someone who works really hard to surprise me (I'm really hard to surprise).  Someone who isn't afraid to take me out of my comfort zone.  Someone who is patient.  Someone who is a "man's man", whatever that is exactly.  Someone who isn't clingy, who has his own friends and his own life and his own routine.  Someone who doesn't need my opinion on every little thing, but who can make his own choices.  Someone who recognizes that life isn't easy, but who still wants to go on the ride with me.  Someone who pushes me to crave more of Jesus.  That's the man I am attracted to.*

 There is a third and final Cassie in my life.  Yes, I know 3 Cassies.  I met this particular Cassie at IWU.  She was in my cluster group (a small group of about 5-7 girls on my floor in the dorm).  I lead this small group in Bible studies, fellowship, prayer, etc.  Cassie was in mine my sophomore year, her freshman year.  She had such a bubbly spirit and was just super fun to be around.  We both loved dogs and were from IL, so we clicked immediately on those levels.  We were almost inseparable.  I remember getting all dolled up for the Christmas party or just because, and having a photo shoot.  I remember one in particular in the dead of winter.  We got dressed in high heeled boots and cute sweaters and hats, and then went all around campus taking pictures of ourselves.  We did it in the summer too, if we found a cute park or something.  Those were so fun!  Cassie and I also served on leadership together in that same dorm.  Cassie was the ARD and I was the desk manager.  Then we got our first house off campus...Wigger St.  The little blue house.  Cassie, do you remember the house number?  She brought Izzy to live with us.  And then I got Sampson, but he didn't last :(  One of my fondest memories is how often I borrowed Cassie's clothes in college!  I always thought hers were cooler than mine ;)  Cassie is fun, sweet, comforting, tell-it-how-it-is, encouraging, funny, loving.  I miss her every day, and it sucks that like every 2-3 years, she moves farther and farther away from me.  LOVE YOU CASS-A-FRASS!!!!!!!!

*Notice there is nothing about physical characteristics.

No comments:

Post a Comment